Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Prayer

How are you all doing? Great? 
I am great! I feel excited with my summer course, gotta a good feeling about it!
Then another thing is about busking!!Yeah~ I am S.O E.X.C.I.T.E.D!
Gonna apply soon, I have fill the application and all that. Wish us good!:)

Today Menado (Menara Doa) or Prayer Tower (I think that what it's called in english) is really a blessing. Our Pastor share a message about prayer. 

Just share a little bit of what I got. :)

Prayer got to have a purpose. 
and not only that, I believe in everything that we do, especially for God, we should know what is the purpose, the reason behind it.
or else we would just get driven by slogan and routine only.
(which is very sad and boring I think :p)

In Matthew 6, Jesus taught us how to pray,
He start with 
"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

These are the purpose that our prayer should have :
1. Our relationship with Father God 
2. His Glory
3. His Will be done on earth as it is in heaven

Sometimes when we pray, it's all about ME ME ME, my need, my want, my will.
we forget who is the real centre of the life, It's God Himself.
we tend to do the need-driven prayer instead of vision-driven prayer.
There is nothing wrong with pray when we are in need, but the matter is, when our need is being fulfil,  we don't pray anymore.
Where with vision-driven prayer, we can see far beyond the need, our OWN need, but to see God Himself, the relationship with Him, His Glory and His will,  not us, but Him.

As a christian, we don't live for ourselves anymore, but we live for God.
It's hard, yes. but I believe when we can see and truly understand the love and the cross. 
It won't be hard anymore, because of the love itself that sustain us, the love that He has given to us.
When we love someone, wouldn't we do anything for the one?
"We love because He first loved us" (1 John 4:19)
So to love God, we need to understand how much He loves us!

1 John 5:14 said,
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."

Prayer is more than asking God for what we want or need, but it's a two way communication with Him.
Ah~ How amazing it is, to have relationship with you God, communicate with Him and more to call Him, Father.
Let's get back our heart to Him! :)
I am also in the stage of learning, it doesn't take 1 day to built Colosseum haha.
It's a life-time process, it will be up and down, but know whatever situation that you are in to, God is always there! Thanks Lord.
Jesus bless..

oOo, Cia..

No comments:

Post a Comment